News & Shows
6/29/2016 - Stokes Nature Center and Bridger Folk Music Society have joined forces to bring you two fantastic acts in one night, Hoodoo and the Robin Davis Duo!
No stranger to Cache Valley music fans, Hoodoo blends ethereal sounds with an Americana sensibility and gorgeous vocals and songwriting. Robin Davis has been a fixture on the Colorado acoustic music scene since his days with the seminal bluegrass band Broke Mountain. He is now bringing his deep, powerful vocals and lighting fast picking all across the country. This promises to be a night not to miss and a beautiful location.
5/20/2016 - We're SO pleased to have the chance to host Eric Taylor for a concert in Logan. Eric is master storyteller and has been one of the finest southern songwriters for the last four decades. Influencing such well-known artists as Nanci Griffith, Lyle Lovett (both of whom have covered several of his songs) and Steve Earle, Taylor tours extensively throughout North America and Europe. He has appeared on Austin City Limits, Late Night With David Letterman, NPR's "Morning Edition" and "Mountain Stage" and BBC Radio. He is a mesmerizing performer whose shows will leave you wanting more.
Here's what others have said about Eric:
- "He's the real deal. Eric Taylor was one of my heroes and teachers when I started playing around Houston in the early 1970s." – Steve Earle
- "I'm always the opening act when I'm around Eric. I love his voice, and he has a great narrative quality and sense of detail. He sort of takes you out of your own reality and into the reality of his songs. It's good writing no matter how you cut it." – Lyle Lovett
- "If you have yet to experience an Eric Taylor concert, if you love the sort of songwriting that changes your perspective while enthralling to the point of making you forget to breathe, if you love storytelling that is never predictable or derivative and akin to the best fiction-writing, if you love guitar work that is never flashy but always brilliant, if you love discovering an artist that is singularly of his own mold, then Eric Taylor is your man.” – Denise Williams, Hillbilly Haiku House Concerts
9/18/2015 - We have more details on the Bing Futch workshops being offered on Saturday, Sep. 28th:
- Ukulele Fun With Chords-
- This workshop will get into chord shapes, popular progressions and strumming techniques to get the most out of your ukulele. We'll look at chord-melody style playing and learn a few cool tunes!
- Mountain Dulcimer Made Easier-
- The mountain dulcimer is already an easy instrument to play, but with a few well-placed tips and tricks, you can really take it to the next level! We'll go over scale and rhythm exercises, chord shapes, ornamentations and learn a couple of neat songs!
7/19/2015 - This new website is under construction. Please bear with us. Eventually, it will be responsive to an array of devices. It no longer requires Flash Player.
6/26/2015 - The RSS feed has been discontinued. Updates and announcements can be accessed via this website or social media.
6/20/2015 - Bridger Folk Music Society is a sponsor of the 2015 Utah Ukulele Festival. This year's event will be held on August 1st, 2015 in Logan, Utah at Willow Park. Hours: 10am-9pm.
6/12/2015 - Updated pdf file of 2015 concert/workshop schedule available.